Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.89 Average
WORLD BODYBUILDING HISTORY. HOW IT WAS IN REAL
PAUL GRANT.
WORLD BODYBUILDING ENCYCLOPEDIA.
Today the W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. (World Fitness Federation, World Body Building Federation)  International unites 139 Country – Members and organizes nearly 60 annual Amateur and Professional International Events World Wide. Looking from the juridical point of view the W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. International is no doubt the Real World Bodybuilding Leader.
Crowning it‘s 50 years of  International Bodybuilding activities, the W.F.F. – W.B.B.F.  works on the Unique Global International Bodybuilding Project -  the „World Bodybuilding  Encyclopedia“ («Энциклопедия всемирного культуризма», “Pasaulio kultūrizmo enciklopedija”).
PAUL GRANT
British bodybuilder PAUL GRANT (1943 – 2003) since 1969 until 1978 participated at the seventeen A.A.U., N.A.B.B.A., W.B.B.G. and I.F.B.B. competitions. In 1971 he became the Over All N.A.B.B.A. Europe Champion and won the first place at the A.A.U. “Mr. World”. In 1972 and in 1973 PAUL GRANT was first in his category at the N.A.B.B.A. “Mr. Universe”.
INFORMATION.
More detailed information on the Global International Site www.wff.lt, see forum topics. Also information available on the Facebook pages: W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. International, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. North America, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. South America, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Asia, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Europe, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Africa, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Asia Continental Federation, International Sport University (I.S.U., www.isuniversity.lt), W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Pro Division, W.P.S.F. World Power Sports Federation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LARRY POWERS.
Today the W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. (World Fitness Federation, World Body Building Federation)  International unites 139 Country – Members and organizes nearly 60 annual Amateur and Professional International Events World Wide. Looking from the juridical point of view the W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. International is no doubt the Real World Bodybuilding Leader.
Crowning it‘s 50 years of  International Bodybuilding activities, the W.F.F. – W.B.B.F.  works on the Unique Global International Bodybuilding Project -  the „World Bodybuilding  Encyclopedia“ («Энциклопедия всемирного культуризма», “Pasaulio kultūrizmo enciklopedija”).
LARRY POWERS
USA bodybuilder LARRY POWERS (Larry Cianchenetta, 1939 – 2015) since 1959 until 1979 participated at fifteen A.A.U., I.F.B.B. and W.B.B.G. competitions. His bes result was the first place at the 1960 I.F.B.B. „Mr. America“.
INFORMATION.
More detailed information on the Global International Site www.wff.lt, see forum topics. Also information available on the Facebook pages: W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. International, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. North America, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. South America, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Asia, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Europe, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Africa, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Asia Continental Federation, International Sport University (I.S.U., www.isuniversity.lt), W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Pro Division, W.P.S.F. World Power Sports Federation.

CARLOS RODRIGUEZ.
CARLOS RODRIGUEZ
USA bodybuilder CARLOS RODRIGUEZ (1941 – 1991) since 1963 until 1982 particiapted at the thirty two A.A.U., I.F.B.B. and W.B.B.G. contests. His best results were first places at the 1974, 1978 I.F.B.B. „Mr. International“, first places at the 1975 I.F.B.B. „Mr. America“ and first places at the 1978 I.F.B.B. „Mr. America“.
INFORMATION.

ELMO SANTIAGO.
ELMO SANTIAGO
USA bodybuilder ELMO SANTIAGO since 1952 until 1976 participated at the twenty five A.A.U., N.A.B.B.A. and W.B.B.G. competitions. In 1959 he became the A.A.U. junior „Mr. America“ Winner. In 1965 he became the N.A.B.B.A. „Mr. Universe“ Champion.
INFORMATION.

TOMMY AYBAR.
TOMMY AYBAR
USA bodybuilder TOMMY AYBAR since 1964 until 1980 participated at fifteen I.F.B.B. and W.B.B.G. contests. His bets result was in 1979. Then TOMMY AYBAR won the W.B.B.G. Pro „Mr. America“.
INFORMATION.

CHUCK COLLRAS.
CHUCK COLLRAS
USA bodybuilder CHUCK COLLRAS (Charles Collras) since 1955 until 1972 particiapted at the twenty five A.A.U., N.A.B.B.A. and I.F.B.B. competitions. CHUCK COLLRAS best contest results were when in 1970 he won his category at the I.F.B.B. „Mr. America“ and in 1971 when he won the I.F.B.B. „Most Muscular“ and the I.F.B.B. „Mr. International“.
INFORMATION.

DICK DUBOIS.
DICK DUBOIS
USA bodybuilder DICK DUBOIS (1933 – 2007) came into bodybuilding due to the efforts of GEORGE EIFERMAN. Since 1953 until 1957 he participated at eight A.A.U. and N.A.B.B.A. competitions. Best results of DICK DUBOIS were his winnings at the 1954 A.A.U. „Mr. America“ and at the 1957 A.A.U. „Mr. USA“.
INFORMATION.

JOHN GOURGOTT.
JOHN GOURGOTT
USA bodybuilder JOHN GOURGOTT (1940 – 2002) since 1958 until 1965 participated at ten A.A.U. and F.I.H.C. competitions. In 1958 and in 1961 he won the A.A.U. junior “Mr. America”. Best results of JOHN GOURGOTT were third place at the 1963 F.I.H.C. “Mr. Universe” and the second place at the 1964 A.A.U. “Mr. America”. He lost the first place for VAL VASILIEFF and won against SERGIO OLIVA.
INFORMATION.

DAVID MASTORAKIS.
DAVID MASTORAKIS
USA bodybuilder DAVID AMSTORAKIS since 1965 until 1982 participated at the sixteen A.A.U., I.F.B.B. and N.P.C. competitions. Best results of DAVID MASTORAKIS were in 1974 and 1976, when he was among top threeat the I.F.B.B. „Mr. America“.
INFORMATION.

JOSEPH JOHN MEEKO.
JOSEPH JOHN MEEKO
USA bodybuilder JOSEPH JOHN MEEKO (1961 – 2009) sunce 1983 until 1988 participated at the twelve A.A.U., N.A.B.B.A. and N.P.C. competitions. In 1984 he became the winner of the A.A.U. „Mr. America“. In 1988 JOHN MEEKO won the Over All Champions title at the N.A.B.B.A. „Mr. Universe“.
INFORMATION.

HEINRICH STEINBORN.
HEINRICH STEINBORN
During the First World War German wrestler and strongman HEIRICH STEINBORN (Henry “Milo” Steinborn, 1894 – 1989) was captured by British soldiers. Being in camp he started power training.  After the War he emigrated to the USA and later received support of SIGMUND KLEIN. Being originally strong, HEIRICH STEINBORN demonstrated his power abilities. He was one to present popular squats to public. One of beloved tricks of HEIRICH STEINBORN  was throwing a barbell on his shoulders and making squats in front of public.
INFORMATION.

ABDUL EL GUINDI.
ABDUL EL GUINDI
During the sixties and seventies of the last Century Egypt bodybuilder ABDUL EL GUINDI (Abdel Hamid El Guindi Abdul) participated at eight F.I.H.C. and I.F.B.B. competitions. In 1963 and in 1964 ABDUL EL GUINDI became the F.I.H.C. “Mr. Universe” Champion.
INFORMATION.

PETE GRYMKOWSKI.
PETE GRYMKOWSKI
Polish origin USA bodybuilder PETE GRYMKOWSKI („Mass Master“, 1949 – 2121) since 1970 until 1979 participated at nineteen amateur and Professional A.A.U. and I.F.B.B. competitions. In 1971 he won A.A.U. Junior „Mr. USA“ and A.A.U. Junior „Most Muscular“. In 1972 PETE GRYMKOWSKI won the A.A.U. Junior „Mr. America“ and A.A.U. Junior „Most Muscular“. In 1977 he became the I.F.B.B. „Mr. America“ and I.F.B.B. „Mr. World“ Winner. Also PETE GRYMKOWSKI since 1979 until 1999 owned the Trade Mark of „Gold‘s Gym“.
INFORMATION.

JANKO RUDMAN.
JANKO RUDMAN
Swedish bodybuilder JANKO RUDMAN (1938 – 2012) since 1966 until 1982 participated at thirty one N.A.B.B.A., I.F.B.B. and W.A.B.B.A. competitions. In 1968, 1971, 1972 and 1976 JANKO RUDMAN was the I.F.B.B. Europe Champion. In 1980 he won the W.A.B.B.A. World Championship.
INFORMATION.

JOHN BIANCULLI.
JOHN BIANCULLI
USA bodybuilder JOHN BIANCULLI since 1958 until 1981 participates at twenty A.A.U., I.F.B.B. and W.B.B.G. competitions. JOHN BIANCULLI was among top three at the following contests: 1962 I.F.B.B. „Mr. America“, 1963 and 1964 I.F.B.B. „Mr. Universe“; 1971 I.F.B.B. „Mr. USA“; 1972 I.F.B.B. „Mr. World“. Also JOHN BIANCULLI was among top three at the W.B.B.F. Professional „Mr. America“ in 1977, 1978, 1979.
INFORMATION.

VINCENT GILLES.
VINCENT GILLES
Guadelupe bodybuilder VINCENT GILLES since 1962 until 1967 participated at six N.A.B.B.A. competitions. In 1962 and in 1963 he was among top three at the N.A.B.B.A. Professional „Mr. Universe“ contest.
INFORMATION.

TONY CARROLL.
TONY CARROLL
USA bodybuilder and film actor TONY CARROLL (1950 – 1992) since 1966 until 1977 participated at fourteen I.F.B.B. and W.B.B.G. competitions. In 1967 he became the Winner of the I.F.B.B. Junior „Mr. America“. In 1967, 1968, 1969 TONY CARROLL was among top three at the I.F.B.B. „Mr. World“ and „Mr. America“ contests as well as at  the 1975 N.A.B.B.A. Pro „Mr. Universe“. In 1969 he won at the W.B.B.G. „Mr. World“.
INFORMATION.

KEN COVINGTON.
KEN COVINGTON
USA bodybuilder KEN COVINGTON since 1965 until 1977 participated at thirty nine A.A.U. and I.F.B.B. competitions. In 1967 and 1972 he became the A.A.U. „Most Muscular“ Champion. In 1976 KEN COVINGTON became the Winner of the I.F.B.B. „North American Championships“
INFORMATION.

GIUSEPPE DEIANA.
GIUSEPPE DEIANA
Italian origin Holland bodybuilder GIUSEPPE DEIANA since 1965 until 1975 participated at fifteen N.A.B.B.A. and I.F.B.B. competitions. In 1967 he was in the second place at the N.A.B.B.A. Pro „Mr. Universe“. In 1971 and in 1973 GIUSEPPE DEIANA became the Winner of the I.F.B.B. „Mr. Universe“ and in 1971, 1972, 1973 the Winner at the I.F.B.B. „Mr. Europe“.
INFORMATION.

CHARLES FAUTZ.
CHARLES FAUTZ
USA bodybuilder CHARLES FAUTZ (Chuck Fautz) since 1959 until 1973 participated at twenty four A.A.U., I.F.B.B. and W.B.B.G. competitions. His best results were achieved in 1969 winning the  I.F.B.B. „Mr. International“ and in 1972 winning I.F.B.B. „Mr. America“.
INFORMATION.

CURTIS HAYWOOD.
CURTIS HAYWOOD
USA bodybuilder CURTIS HAYWOOD (1940 – 2016) since 1968 until 1982 participated at sixteen A.A.U. and I.F.B.B. competitions. Best result of CURTIS HAYWOOD was the first place in the category at the 1970 A.A.U. „Mr. World“.
INFORMATION.

JIM MANION.
JIM MANION
USA bodybuilder and contemporary presisent of N.P.C. JIM MANION since 1971 until 1974 participated at four A.A.U. competitions. Hghest achievement of JIM MANION was the first place at the 1971 A.A.U. “Mr. Pennsylvania“.
INFORMATION.

WALTER O‘MALLEY.
WALTER O‘MALLEY
British bodybuilder WALTER O‘MALLEY since 1969 until 1991 participated at twenty nine A.A.U., N.A.B.B.A., W.A.B.B.A. and I.F.B.B. competitions. He took part at nine N.A.B.B.A. „Mr. Universe“ contests and three times was among top three competitors. Best results of WALTER O‘MALLEY were first places at 1974 A.A.U. „Mr. World“ and A.A.U. „Most Muscular“ competitions.
INFORMATION.

GLEN WELLS.
GLEN WELLS
USA bodybuilder GLEN WELLS (1932) since 1956 until 1967 participated at fifteen A.A.U. competitions. His best result was the first place at the 1964 A.A.U. „North America“ contest.
INFORMATION.

JERRY DANIELS.
JERRY DANIELS
USA bodybuilder JERRY DANIELS (1944) in 1962, 1963, 1965 participated at the A.A.U. competitions. In 1965 JERRY DANIELS became the A.A.U. „Mr. America“ Champion.
INFORMATION.

PAUL HILL.
PAUL HILL
USA bodybuilder PAUL HILL since 1969 until 1975 participated at twenty AAU competitions. Best results of PAUL HILL were first places at 1971 „Mr. Physigue USA“ and first palces at 1973 Junior „Mr. America“, Junior „Mr. USA“, „Mr. USA“ and „Most Muscular“ Contests. 
INFORMATION.

REG PARK.
REG PARK
One of the best World‘s bodybuilder of his times British REG PARK (1928 – 2007) since 1946 until 1973 participated at fifteen N.A.B.B.A. and I.F.B.B. competitions. During the WWII as Physical Training Instructor he was serving in the British Army in Malaysia. In 1948 REG PARK was present at the second F.I.H.C. „Mr. Universe“ that was organized through B.A.W.L.A. during the Olympic Games in London (GB). Then the Over All Winner was the A.A.U. Star a student of BOB HOFFMAN  JOHN GRIMEK (USA). After this REG PARK decided to follow JOHN GRIMEK way. In 1949 REG PARK won „Mr. Britain“. His parents presented him a six month journey to the US. Being there REG PARK met JOE WEIDER, strongman SIEGMUND KLEIN and a famous A.A.U. bodybuilder  CLANCY ROSS. In 1950 participating at the first N.A.B.B.A. „Mr. Universe“ he lost the title to STEVE REEVES (USA). In 1951 REG PARK is in the USA again.  Then he trained under the supervision of JOE WEIDER. Both of them participated at the 1951 N.A.B.B.A. „Mr. Universe“ REG PARK winning the Category and the Over All title and JOE WEIDER placing fifth in the same Category. Already after fifteen years JOE WEIDER started his „Mr. Olympia“. But now having no I.F.B.B. contests of such level he participated at the N.A.B.B.A. „Mr. Universe“. Later in 1958 and 1965 REG PARK won the N.A.B.B.A. Pro „Mr. Universe“.
INFORMATION.

OSCAR HEIDENSTAM.
OSCAR HEIDENSTAM
The father of British Bodybuilding and the “N.A.B.B.A. Crusader” OSCAR HEIDENSTAM (1911 – 1991) since 1937 until 1953 participated at thirteen competitions. His best result was the first place at the 1939 F.F.D.C. “Mr. Europe” (Federation Francaise de Culture). Since 1956 until 1980 OSCAR HEIDENSTAM was the general Secretary of N.A.B.B.A.. Since 1980 until 1991 he was the N.A.B.B.A. President.
INFORMATION.

GENADIJ BALDIN.
GENADIJ BALDIN
In the sixties of the last Century a noticable Socialist World weightlifting and bodybuilding person was Russian GENADIJ BALDIN (Балдин Геннадий, 1934 – 2013). In weightlifting his trainer was a known specialist ROMAN MOROZ (Роман Мороз). Being interested in bodybuilding GENADIJ BALDIN wanted to know more and addressed a weightlifting Olympic Champion JURIJ VLASOV (Юрий Власов). JURIJ VLASOV told him to find GEROG TENNO (Георг Тенно). After this both TENNO and BALDIN worked in bodybuilding together.
GENADIJ BALDIN was a good bodybuilder of his time and during the 1966 – 1968 participated at various competitions. Also he run a gym in Moscow.
In 1968 GENADIJ BALDIN was among five U.S.S.R. leading persons who created the second International Bodybuilding Federation in the Socialist World. The first federation was created in 1963 under the order of the U.S.S.R. Sport Ministry (Gocskomsport). It was under controll of the U.S.S.R. Weightlifting Federation. It was BOB HOFFMAN who influenced the U.S.S.R. Sport Ministry to set the Bodybuilding Federation. We would like to pay attention that under the efforts of BOB HOFFMAN since 1947 until 1969 World‘s official sport of bodybuilding was rulled by F.I.H.C.. In 1969 F.I.H.C. organized World Weightlifting Championship in Warszawa (Democratic Respublic of Poland). It was a tradition that at the same time F.I.H.C. organized bodybuilding „Mr. Universe“. Then the representatives of the Socialist Countries first time saw live bodybuilders.
Being among the five U.S.S.R. Bodybuilding Federation Chairmen GENADIJ BALDIN took part in organizing International Contests in 1968 – 1969 in Klaipeda, Kaunas, Vilnius (Lithuania), Warszawa and Sopot (Democratic Respublic of Poland).
After the prohibition of Bodybuilding Sport in the Socialist Countries in 1973 GENADIJ BALDIN worked with the U.S.S.R. National Weightlifting Team.
Due to great work done to International Bodybuilding Sport the W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. International in 2021 awarded GENADIJ BALDIN with the „Honour Silver Medal“.
INFORMATION.

TERRY PARKINSON.
TERRY PARKINSON
British bodybuilder TERRY PARKINSON since 1964 until 1975 participated at seven N.A.B.B.A. competitions. In 1965 after winning „Mr. Britain“ TERRY PARKINSON was among top three at the 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967 N.A.B.B.A. „Mr. Universe“.
INFORMATION.