Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
WFF-WBBF North America
E.Sendriene Wrote:
E.Sendriene Wrote:Lats week the WFF was nicely presented at the "Olympia" contest in the USA:

It was the first time when WFF and IFBB sportsmen met on one stage representing both federations.
During the last "Olympias" WFF magazines were spread among the athletes and visitors.
It becomes a tradition.
E.Sendriene Wrote:
E.Sendriene Wrote:
E.Sendriene Wrote:Lats week the WFF was nicely presented at the "Olympia" contest in the USA:

It was the first time when WFF and IFBB sportsmen met on one stage representing both federations.
E.Sendriene Wrote:
E.Sendriene Wrote:

E.Sendriene Wrote:During the last "Olympias" WFF magazines were spread among the athletes and visitors.
It becomes a tradition.
Voluntary Nationwide & International Recall of 65 Dietary Supplement Products by Bodybuilding.com
Posted in Industry, Supplements on November 3rd, 2009
The latest press release regarding Bodybuilding.com’s ongoing cooperation with the FDA.
Today President WFF-WBBF Mexico Dr.MANUEL SOLANO confirmed the participation of the National Team Mexico at the WFF-WBBF World Championship in Estonia.
He informed, that this weekend the WFF-WBBF North America Championship will be held in Mexico.

LOS INVITO ESTE SÁBADO AL EVENTO MR. NORTEAMÉRICA QUE SE LLEVARÁ A CABO EN EL TEATRO INDEPENDENCIA (SAN JERÓNIMO) INSCRIPCIONES A PARTIR DE LAS 8:00 AM, INICIO DE LA COMPETENCIA A LAS 11:00 AM. HABRÁ TODAS LAS CATEGORÍAS, DE FISICOCULTURISMO (PRINCIPIANTES, NOVATOS Y CLASIFICADOS), BODY FITNESS, ATLÉTICO, MODELOS, BIKINI, MASTERS Y JUVENIL.
TROFEOS, MEDALLAS, DIPLOMAS EN TODAS LAS CATEGORÍAS. PREMIOS EN EFECTIVO PARA LAS CATEGORÍAS DE PRINCIPIANTES Y NOVATOS.
A LOS MEJORES 4 ATLETAS DEL EVENTO SE LE OTROGARÁ EL AVAL, HOSPEDAJE, AVIÓN Y ALIMENTOS PARA EL CAMPEONATO MUNDIAL AMATEUR DE LA WFF-WBBF EN TALLIN ESTONIA.
INSCRIPCIONES COMPETIDORES 500 PESOS
BOLETOS AL PÚBLICO DESDE 150 Y HASTA 300 PESOS.
NO FALTES.
Dr. Manuel Solano.
WFF-International Official Information Only
WFF secretary service Wrote:Today President WFF-WBBF Mexico Dr.MANUEL SOLANO confirmed the participation of the National Team Mexico at the WFF-WBBF World Championship in Estonia.
He informed, that this weekend the WFF-WBBF North America Championship will be held in Mexico.

LOS INVITO ESTE SÁBADO AL EVENTO MR. NORTEAMÉRICA QUE SE LLEVARÁ A CABO EN EL TEATRO INDEPENDENCIA (SAN JERÓNIMO) INSCRIPCIONES A PARTIR DE LAS 8:00 AM, INICIO DE LA COMPETENCIA A LAS 11:00 AM. HABRÁ TODAS LAS CATEGORÍAS, DE FISICOCULTURISMO (PRINCIPIANTES, NOVATOS Y CLASIFICADOS), BODY FITNESS, ATLÉTICO, MODELOS, BIKINI, MASTERS Y JUVENIL.
TROFEOS, MEDALLAS, DIPLOMAS EN TODAS LAS CATEGORÍAS. PREMIOS EN EFECTIVO PARA LAS CATEGORÍAS DE PRINCIPIANTES Y NOVATOS.
A LOS MEJORES 4 ATLETAS DEL EVENTO SE LE OTROGARÁ EL AVAL, HOSPEDAJE, AVIÓN Y ALIMENTOS PARA EL CAMPEONATO MUNDIAL AMATEUR DE LA WFF-WBBF EN TALLIN ESTONIA.
INSCRIPCIONES COMPETIDORES 500 PESOS
BOLETOS AL PÚBLICO DESDE 150 Y HASTA 300 PESOS.
NO FALTES.
Dr. Manuel Solano.
2010 IFBB Ironman Pro is cancelled
Posted in Announcements, Contest Info, IFBB on November 13th, 2009
The new updated 2010 IFBB schedule came back out today, and one event was noticeably missing – the 2010 Ironman Pro. What? This has got to be a mistake, people wondered, but as the day progressed, the emails and calls kept coming. The 2010 Ironman Pro, alas, was not going to be, and regrettably it was cancelled. We are all awaiting a statement from the promoter of the event, which I know, has to be one of the hardest statement that he would ever make, for the Ironman Pro has been going strong for 20 years now.

The Fit Expo, which is usually in the same expo hall, and weekend, will continue, which has over 150-200 booths, as well as a myriad of other events. But for the pro bodybuilding community, the loss of the beloved Ironman Pro contest will hurt. It would have been my 15th Ironman contest, and not having it start the pro season, in my own hometown, is going to be quite distressing.

There are a lot of rumors and speculation as to why the contest was cancelled, but we will wait until the press release comes out.

2 Responses to “2010 IFBB Ironman Pro is cancelled”
Todd Tichonchuk, on November 14th, 2009 at 3:18 pm Said:
Huge disappointment! No pro football team in LA and now no Pro Bodybuilding? Hoping they get this thing sorted out and get back on track for next year. Could the cancellation have something to do with the show being 6 weeks before the Arnold and not getting a good Pro turnout as a result?

Mike Glass Entertainment Productions® Est. 1971, on November 14th, 2009 at 8:21 pm Said:
When John Balik approached me in late 1989 and asked me: “if I was going produce our IFBB MEN’S UNITED STATES PRO”. “I told him”, “Hell No”!

I explained to Mr. Balik, I produced the event in 1988 had all the top guys and hit 3000 attendance, sold over forty exhibit spaces at the Disneyland Hotel in Orange County California. So I understand this allegedly beat the “Night of the Champions” attendance record and allegedly pissed off the producer and powers that be.

The following year in 1989 I offered the same cash prize money for the IFBB MEN’S UNITED STATES PRO”. I could barely get the top Professionals to respond. My attendance plummeted to from 3000 to maybe 500 attendees.

It was allegedly told to me and others later that the top guns where allegedly ask not to enter my production because of our grand popularity the year prior. This is where the 1990 IRONMAN PRO. MADE ITS GRAND DEBUT AND SHAWN RAY WAS CROWNED THE FIRST IRONMAN WINNER.

We hope it all works out for Mr. John Balik and the IRONMAN legacy. “It’s a great event, maybe too great”!

“It’s all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$, “don’t ever forget it”!

Regards,

Mike Glass Entertainment Productions® Est. 1971
Website http://www.womensfigure.com
email womensfigure@yahoo.com
Michael Glass,USA Wrote:2010 IFBB Ironman Pro is cancelled
Posted in Announcements, Contest Info, IFBB on November 13th, 2009
The new updated 2010 IFBB schedule came back out today, and one event was noticeably missing – the 2010 Ironman Pro. What? This has got to be a mistake, people wondered, but as the day progressed, the emails and calls kept coming. The 2010 Ironman Pro, alas, was not going to be, and regrettably it was cancelled. We are all awaiting a statement from the promoter of the event, which I know, has to be one of the hardest statement that he would ever make, for the Ironman Pro has been going strong for 20 years now.

The Fit Expo, which is usually in the same expo hall, and weekend, will continue, which has over 150-200 booths, as well as a myriad of other events. But for the pro bodybuilding community, the loss of the beloved Ironman Pro contest will hurt. It would have been my 15th Ironman contest, and not having it start the pro season, in my own hometown, is going to be quite distressing.

There are a lot of rumors and speculation as to why the contest was cancelled, but we will wait until the press release comes out.

2 Responses to “2010 IFBB Ironman Pro is cancelled”
Todd Tichonchuk, on November 14th, 2009 at 3:18 pm Said:
Huge disappointment! No pro football team in LA and now no Pro Bodybuilding? Hoping they get this thing sorted out and get back on track for next year. Could the cancellation have something to do with the show being 6 weeks before the Arnold and not getting a good Pro turnout as a result?

Mike Glass Entertainment Productions® Est. 1971, on November 14th, 2009 at 8:21 pm Said:
When John Balik approached me in late 1989 and asked me: “if I was going produce our IFBB MEN’S UNITED STATES PRO”. “I told him”, “Hell No”!

I explained to Mr. Balik, I produced the event in 1988 had all the top guys and hit 3000 attendance, sold over forty exhibit spaces at the Disneyland Hotel in Orange County California. So I understand this allegedly beat the “Night of the Champions” attendance record and allegedly pissed off the producer and powers that be.

The following year in 1989 I offered the same cash prize money for the IFBB MEN’S UNITED STATES PRO”. I could barely get the top Professionals to respond. My attendance plummeted to from 3000 to maybe 500 attendees.

It was allegedly told to me and others later that the top guns where allegedly ask not to enter my production because of our grand popularity the year prior. This is where the 1990 IRONMAN PRO. MADE ITS GRAND DEBUT AND SHAWN RAY WAS CROWNED THE FIRST IRONMAN WINNER.

We hope it all works out for Mr. John Balik and the IRONMAN legacy. “It’s a great event, maybe too great”!

“It’s all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$, “don’t ever forget it”!

Regards,

Mike Glass Entertainment Productions® Est. 1971
Website http://www.womensfigure.com
email womensfigure@yahoo.com

I understand clearly, that the IFBB and NPC is a private money making machines, nothing else connected with sport. They counted their expences and profit and canceled the events.
Today we received a letter from USA.
WBBF World Champion JELENE PANOVA (Russia) lives in USA now and she looks for the WFF-WBBF Contacts with MIKE GLASS to go on with the competitions:

Здравствуйте, уважаемый Эдмундас!
Пишет вам Панова Елена. Если помните,я не раз выступала в Литве. К
сожалению не смогу сейчас выступить на Чемпионате Мира, т. к.
переехала во Флориду. Я пыталась связаться с Майком Глассом по
электронной почте, но ответа не получила. По телефону с ним поговорить
мне будет очень трудно, т.к. плохо понимаю английский по телефону.
Возможно вы знаете, как мне с ним лучше связаться или еще с кем-то в Северной Америке?
Мне нужна помощь WFF.
Подскажите также, как можно получить официальное подтверждение от
организации всех моих титулов?
Заранее благодарю.
Елена

mailto:panova.sport@gmail.com

http://el-panova.narod.ru
WFF-WBBF Headquarters Int Wrote:Today we received a letter from USA.
WBBF World Champion JELENE PANOVA (Russia) lives in USA now and she looks for the WFF-WBBF Contacts with MIKE GLASS to go on with the competitions:

Возможно вы знаете, как мне с ним лучше связаться или еще с кем-то в Северной Америке?
Мне нужна помощь WFF.
Заранее благодарю.
Елена

Dear Elena Panova,

It was such a pleasure to have received your email today. Your English is near perfect and I clearly understand your needs.

Of course I remember you at the 2007 World Championships in Vilnius. Wow! You were great! Those were very good photos of you and should be easy to market you in the USA. This is what I can do!

1. First, I will send you and official letter from the WFF-WBBF in the USA stating how important it is to have you competing in the USA and you are well needed here.
2. Besides English what are you other languages you speak?
3. I will CC: a copy of this letter to my friend Mr. Jorge Cedale. He has contacts in Miami.
4. I am now sending this letter also to the PRO-PTA my friend Joe Antouri has affiliates world wide and can possible open up a door or two for you.

Please see enclosed attached letter for the department of Immigration Services to confirm your importance and need as a sportsman for USA).

Please let’s see how long it takes the necessary for Immigration Services to confirm everything for living and working in the USA). In the meantime I will send out other information.

Should you need to reach me please call on my cell for I am seldom in the office? (714) 745-6226.

All the best,

Mike Glass
www.womensfigure.com
Edita Sendriene WFF Wrote:
WFF-WBBF Headquarters Int Wrote:Today we received a letter from USA.

Мне нужна помощь WFF.
Заранее благодарю.
Елена

Today we received one more letter from the USA.
JELENA PANOVA thanks the WFF-WBBF International Federation for it‘s assistance:

Здравствуйте, Эдмундас!
Огромное спасибо, что не оставили мое письмо
без внимания. Это очень важно для меня. Сегодня М. Гласс мне ответил. Он
прислал официальное письмо, что как спортсменка я нужна организации
WFF в Америке. Кроме того, он связался с людьми, которые могут мне
помочь в Майями. Завтра мы свяжемся с нашим иммиграционным адвокатом и
узнаем наши дальнейшие действия и сроки. После чего я все сообщу вам. Для меня
очень приятно, что наша организация это действительно семья, которая
не бросает своих в трудной ситуации.
Спасибо вам большое за помощь.
Елена.
Re[2]: Elena Panova LETTER ATTACH
Sun, November 15, 2009 6:21:43 PM
View Contact
To: MICHAEL GLASS <newportmuscle@sbcglobal.net>

Resume Elena.doc (49KB)

I really appreciate your help, it is very important to me.
Thank you for applying to your friends with my request. I hope that it will work.
I speak only English though I've studied Spanish for a while, but Spanish I should recall.
The attorney said that it should take up to 6 month to get an O-1 VISA that will allow me to get a social security and working permission. After that within 6 month I can receive a Green Card. At best all this will take 8 months.

I'll attach my Resume, may be it will be useful.
My cell phone number: 954-624-

Thank you very much for your concern.
Always in touch,
ELENA.
Michael Glass,USA Wrote:Re[2]: Elena Panova LETTER ATTACH
Sun, November 15, 2009 6:21:43 PM
View Contact

Resume Elena.doc (49KB)

I really appreciate your help, it is very important to me.
Thank you for applying to your friends with my request. I hope that it will work.
I speak only English though I've studied Spanish for a while, but Spanish I should recall.
The attorney said that it should take up to 6 month to get an O-1 VISA that will allow me to get a social security and working permission. After that within 6 month I can receive a Green Card. At best all this will take 8 months.

I'll attach my Resume, may be it will be useful.
My cell phone number: 954-624-

Thank you very much for your concern.
Always in touch,
ELENA.

It is great. :!:
Hello Edmundas,

Staff getting ready for WFF-WBBF Amateur & Novice Universe.
New Date November 2010.

From The Asian city.

Mike Glass
ASCEMBLYMEN VAN TRAN, CATHERINE BACH AND MIKE GLASS
2010 AMATEUR UNIVERSE
Michael Glass,USA Wrote:Hello Edmundas,

New Date November 2010.

From The Asian city.

Mike Glass

It should be the very end of November.
WFF secretary service Wrote:
Michael Glass,USA Wrote:Hello Edmundas,

New Date November 2010.

From The Asian city.

Mike Glass

It should be the very end of November.

Important Note:
2010 Amateur and Pro "Universe" (20 000 Euro Prize Money) is on November 6, Brusno Kupele, Slovakia.
2010 Pro World (20 000 Euro Prize Money) is on November 12-15 in Bratislava, Slovakia.
WFF-WBBF Amateur & Novice Universe in the USA should be on the last weekend of November.
Fw: TO DAVE DRAPER, BILL PEARL AND JIM MORRIS
Sat, November 21, 2009 5:19:32 PMFrom: MICHAEL GLASS <newportmuscle@sbcglobal.net> View Contact
To: EDMUNDAS DAUBARAS <info@wff.lt>

3 Files View Slideshow Download All
1980 DAVE DRAPER, CHRIS DICKERSON, DENNIS TINARINO MIKE GLASS.jpg (45KB); draper1big.jpg (24KB); drobson41ebig.jpg (29KB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edmundas,
From Dave Draper
Mike Glass

----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: Thu, November 19, 2009 1:17:54 PM
Subject: TO DAVE DRAPER, BILL PEARL AND JIM MORRIS

At 09:13 AM 11/19/2009, you wrote:

> Re: TROUBLES WITH THE IFBB Wed, November 18, 2009 6:04:13 PM <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
> Dave,
> Recently, I had the liberty in seeing the Pearl and Draper video on YOU TUBE and their comments on where our industry is heading. Both Bill and Dave agreed the industry is long gone. What can one say Jim!

Where do you get your inspiration and energy, Mike?

I'm a musclebuilder since childhood and my path hasn't changed, give or take the 50-plus years that have transpired, expired, mysteriously evaporated and otherwise surround me. I remain a simple iron-struck witness from beneath a heap of bars and plates and benches and racks. I see the mess, but am best suited to encouraging the lingering mob of muscleheads I've known since the precious days of Venice Gold.

Yesterday I cracked open the first Flex magazine (complements of Shawn Perine) I've held in my hands since Ronnie Coleman barged onto the stage. I knew it was a crazy scene, but WoW. Where do they come from

Thanks for thinking of me. I'm in the best of company, Bill and Jim.

We press on... I wish you Godspeed... Dave Draper

http://www.davedraper.com/
DAVE SQUATING WITH ARNOLD
DAVE WINNER MR. UNIVERSE
Dear Edmundas,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLL OUT THE RED CARPET: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and first lady Maria Shriver are honoring the 13 Californians they've selected for the California Hall of Fame. Among the inductees are the late San Francisco City Supervisor and gay-rights icon Harvey Milk, filmmaker George Lucas , the late former Gov. and U.S. Sen. Hiram Johnson and Schwarzenegger's longtime body-building buddy Joe Weider. Click here to see a full list of this year's hall of famers. The ceremony also marks the opening of an exhibit with mementos from the honorees.

http://www.sacbee.com/capitolandcaliforn...36229.html

MIKE GLASS
FROM STAR JACK LA LANNE
Dear Edmundas, Oleg, Andrej, Edita - GREETING IN 2010!

WFF-WBBF BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER!

Mike Glass – President WFF-WBBF North America®
Today we received a New Year greetings from the USA Natural Bodybuilding Federation:
Today we received a letter from USA. An USA bodybuilder AMIR YOUSEFPOUR wrote:

Hi ed
I just decided to finish what I started, I qualified twice for the nationals, my life took a turn and I never got the pro card. I am training to be a light heavyweight for the masters nationals. I am not POSITIVE I am going to be the size I want to be but there is a good chance that I will be. I want the pro card. I have never lost a show as a middle weight. but for the overall spot I have to become a light heavy, and I intend to come in big and ripped as usual. this is going to be my first show in 15 years, so it is possible I may do california for practice it all depends. So watch for me. I believe the show is july 23 at pitsburth.well that's enough from me. I wish I had some endorsements, hopefully that will come when I get the card.I hope you are doing well. peace& blessings
amir
Today we received a letter from USA.
NATHAN ALAN writes his position on the WFF-WBBF International:

Hello from Usa, I just wanted to say i appreciate your part in the bodybuilding community (wff), it is my favorite sport....thank you for that link (www.wff.lt) , I like to stay informed of the truth about the sport.
have a good day