Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2024 NEWS BODYBUILDING INTERNATIONAL.
1990. VINCE MAC MAHON‘S W.B.F..
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.
In 1990 there was a big crisis in the I.F.B.B. (International Federation of Body Builders). I.F.B.B. had no „federation patriots“. Many famous I.F.B.B. professionals left the I.F.B.B.. Very active in the newly created W.B.F. (World Bodybuilding Federation“) were I.F.B.B. Pros TOM PLATZ, DANNY PADILLA, TONY PEARSON and LOU FERRIGNO. Famous Pro bodybuilders entered newly done federation W.B.F. which was created by American VINCE MAC MAHON. VINCE MAC MAHON made no secret – he wanted to make business of it. At the same time VINCE MAC MAHON  was the owner of the World Wrestling Federation (W.W.F., now W.W.E.).
In order to collect best professional bodybuilders he declared an uncomparibably very big prize money for bodybuilders and a year contracts of 100 000 US dollars. „Joe Weider‘s Olympia“ could not compete with VINCE MAC MAHON‘s  prize money. The biggest success was for GARY STRYDOM. He took 275 000 USA dollars twice then. He got real money. It was not like it is now – they declare big prize money at Pro contests and athletes receive nothing at all. It is a very good way to fool athlets. Do You know at least one Pro bodybuilder who became rich by winning prize money at contests? We mean real prize money, not of selling „supplements“, narcotics or selling even themselves...
TOM PLATZ and VINCE MAC MAHON attended the 1990 I.F.B.B. „Mr. Olympia“ contest and presented the new organization for bodybuilders. They said that they are forming the World Bodybuilding Federation as a direct competitor to the I.F.B.B. and proclaimed that they plan to "kick the I.F.B.B.'s ass". They declared that the 1991 W.B.F. Championship would be held at the “Trump Taj Mahal “Palace in Atlantic City.
W.B.F. organization signed long - term contracts with a number of I.F.B.B. regulars to join its roster, with annual salaries as high as $400,000.
The W.B.F. held its Inaugural Championship in 1991, as a pay – per - view  (P.P.V.) event in Atlantic City.
The second W.B.F. Championship was held in Long Beach in1992.
Due to steroid scandal impacting the W.W.F., the W.B.F. introduced drug testing in 1992. 1990 I.F.B.B. “Mr. Olympia” performed drug testing too but in 1991 stopped it. They did not want to joke with it. Due to drug testing W.B.F. bodybuilders were out of shape and many left the W.B.F..
The 1992 W.B.F. Championship P.P.V. was a commercial failure. After this VINCE MAC MAHON phoned WEIDER brothers to inform them that the W.B.F. would be dissolved. WEIDER’s agreed to allow the W.B.F. members to rejoin the I.F.B.B. organization after paying 25 000 US dollars fine.
South African bodybuilder GARY STRYDOM would be the first and only W.B.F. champion, winning the 1991 event and successfully defending his title in 1992.
INFORMATION.
More detailed information on the Global International Site www.wff.lt, see forum topics. Also information available on the Facebook pages: W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. International, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. North America, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. South America, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Asia, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Europe, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Africa, W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Asia Continental Federation, International Sport University (I.S.U.), W.F.F. – W.B.B.F. Pro Division, W.P.S.F. World Power Sports Federation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NEWS BODYBUILDING INTERNATIONAL. - by Chairman_Organizing_Committee - 08-25-2024, 08:26 AM